Tie and Dyes in various Techniques

I created a series of hand dyed scarves in silk using reactive dyes. Other then the basic techniques of resist design I also created Batik designs using hard and soft wax.Interestingly, the soft wax allowed the designs to emerge in its full form disallowing cracking where as the hard wax would crumple when left to dry giving more cracks and allowing the dye to seep through making the designs on the scarves less prominent. In a few scarves I took the liberty of using both kind of waxes to get a fading as well as a sudden emergence of designs in areas within a scarf. The effect were very interesting.
The best way to wash these scarves was the usual method, cold wash followed by a warm wash, pass the fabric through synthrapol (dilute soap water) and repeat the process of cold and warm water till the excess dye has bled out.Pat dry and iron the scarves.
After usage of a silk scarf and when you decide to wash it I suggest cold wash only.
Here are some of the scarves that I designed, some I have already posted in my last post.




Happy Holidays everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Masks and the Importance of print and color

Sussi the traditional weaving pattern

The Floral All over Print Design