Clamp Dyeing with reactive dyes.

Tie and dyes are famous amongst all age groups, possible because of the instant gratification it gives us and also the fact that the creative options are endless. There are no prerequisites required. Just need soda ash to activate the dyes and the dye bath so that the colors remain binded to the fabric. I bought some silk scarves from Dharma and decided to do another project with reactive "cold dyes" instead of  traditional "acid dyes" and the results were amazing.
For these particular scarves I used clamp technique and I used elastic bands and clamps in various sizes. 

Here is what I came up with. I call it my Pink Collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Masks and the Importance of print and color

Sussi the traditional weaving pattern

The Floral All over Print Design