Reversible Cotton Sheets


Our family travels. We enjoy taking road trips on a holiday or a long weekend, for specific reasons , family get togathers and sometimes for no reason at all but just to make memories.

As a mom of three young girls there is just so much to pack for, during the travel.  One of the essentials is their blankets / throws for each that they would use for their naps in the car while on the road. These throws can just become bulky or too hot for summer road trips. So this year I took on a small project of making my own reversible cotton sheet cum blanket perfect for travel, not too bulky when folded. I used two yards each and used complimentory colors to create them.
Here are the two I was able to complete thankfully during my now 11 month old's naps.

Hope you like it. I used single straight stitching but went over each side of the blanket twice to strengthen the stitching.

For the first sheet I chose a chevron print back and front but just in different colors to add interest in  the design and give a visual appeal to the reversible blanket







For my second blanket  I chose a fabric with Disney princesses characters printed on one side and for the back panel I chose a geometric design in a soft grey/brown tone. Anyone who has daughters would know why I just had to do a Princess blanket. This is what it looks like. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Masks and the Importance of print and color

Sussi the traditional weaving pattern

The Floral All over Print Design