one Design for all

In my last post I had mentioned that any design needs to be tapered to a specific surface to be printed upon. In order to get a visual understanding of how the design might end up looking we create mappings to get a visual before the actual product at hand. In this post I will try to explain my point by using a geometric design and how we change the design's size and dimensions according to each surface that we map it on. I tried to keep the mapped surfaces as different as possible to be able to illustrate my point. I chose a Sofa, Bed flat mapped and a long dress on a mannequin to map this geometric design on. This is how it came out to be.
You can see how the design in the dress is smaller in size compared to the ones mapped for upholstery. It could be reversed depending on the taste but generally designs on apparel tend to be smaller.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Face Masks and the Importance of print and color

Sussi the traditional weaving pattern

The Floral All over Print Design